Thursday, May 6, 2010

What the hell is a Fruit Salad Champion.

Gratuitous self important titles are without a doubt, the most annoying and yet entertaining concept of the working world.


How many people do you know who fancy themselves some sort of consultant, expert, model/actress/producer/champion sweater knitter. I know quite a few of those. In social media, my career path of choice, all kinds of tool bags with very little qualification are apparently, EXPERT. CAPITAL LETTERS. YOU BETTER RECOGNIZE.


OMGZ, I KNOW HOW TO WORK THE TWITTERZ. IM EXPERTZ.


Please, *eye roll*. There is no such thing as an expert in this business, outside of *pause for dramatic effect and respect for greatness* the most epic rock stars of life at Altimeter Group.


I digress.


So, one very borderline psychotic day at the office -- I decided that if everyone could have a title, I wanted one too. So, I wanted to be the fruit salad champion... because I eat fruit everyday at 11am. So there you go.


Basically, if you have a wondrous sense of humor, and feel like reading about a neurotic 20something going through what appears to be a quarter life crisis, read on.


xoxo
N

No comments:

Post a Comment